I finally decided to take the splurge and get this yummy yarn that I saw at Michael's a while back and have been eyeing everytime I went in the store. It was finally on sale so that pushed me over the edge.
Now, that I had the yarn I had to figure out what to do with it. I decided on a purse. But, I didn't want to spend more money on fabric for lining and magnetic buttons and a handle. So, I pondered on it a bit and remembered that I had some old purses up in the top of one of our closets that someone gave me. So, I dragged them out and low and behold...... magnetic buttons and a handle that would be perfect for my purse. So here's how I did it.
First, I headed over to Raverly to get some ideas. I found a pattern that I liked and tweaked it a bit so it'd be a little more to my liking. Then, of course crocheted the outer portion of the purse. A few hours later, I was ready for the lining. I had an old shirt that I just couldn't get rid of even though it was too small because I loved the fabric, and coincidentally it happended to be a perfect match for my yarn, Jackpot! So, I layed the purse outer on the shirt and traced around the outside. Then cut leaving a half inch seam allowance on the sides and an inch or so on the top. Next, with like sides together, I sewed up the sides. You end up with something that looks like this.
Don't forget to sew any snaps or pockets onto the lining before you attatch the lining to the purse outer.
Next step, is to sew the lining in. I went just under the top row of single crochets. Being sure to leave the right sides facing in.